[WikiEN-l] Knol goes live

Jonathan Hughes lifebaka at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 23:07:20 UTC 2008

> From: Sheldon Rampton <sheldon at prwatch.org>
> Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Knol goes live
>
> A blogger at the LA Times wonders when the "gold rush" will start for
> people to claim ownership of articles on Knol:
>
> http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/webscout/2008/07/knol-has-nothin.html
>
> In particular, he pointed out that Knol does not currently have an
> article about Wikipedia, so I decided to do my part and create one:
>
> http://knol.google.com/k/sheldon-rampton/-/8r9tdjdcsltq/2#
>
> I basically cut-and-pasted the existing Wikipedia article, although I
> did make one minor correction. The current version fails to credit me
> as Wikipedia's creator. It mentions some guy named Jimmy Wales
> instead. Anyway, I fixed it in my Knol version. ;-)

Heh.  They don't appear to have a "talk" sorta' page.  So I can't lambast
you about how Wikipedia was actually created by Al Gore, two years before he
invented the internet, with the assistance of space aliens from the planet
Rigel 7 and 1/3.  And Bill Gates, can't forget him.

But that's gonna' be a major failing of it.  People don't have the ability
to say something's crap except by rating it lowly, and people on the
internet tend to rate funny things highly instead of truthful things.

[[User:Lifebaka]]