[WikiEN-l] No-indexing of project-space pages

Chris Howie cdhowie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 19:12:05 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 3:06 PM,  <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:
> Transparency.  There is no benefit and a great drawback to not  indexing.
> Not indexing makes it appear we are hiding something.  That  belief is already
> very prevalent among our critics, we don't want to feed them a  ton of raw
> steak.

It's hard to hide things when our own search engine can find them too.
 And even if our own search was restricted to not search though some
things, AfD for example (though not doing so would probably make a lot
of people mad, and rightfully so), then someone interested enough
could write a spider that ignores robot tags and fetches everything,
then grep it.

Or hell, just download a database dump.

--
Chris Howie