[WikiEN-l] No-indexing of project-space pages

Eugene van der Pijll eugene at vanderpijll.nl
Wed Jul 23 16:34:04 UTC 2008

Chris Howie schreef:
> P.S. Regarding Gregory's response (that came in while writing this)
> potential abuse is not really a concern.  We have a block button.

Indeed.

The worst abuse that can happen is that vandals un-noindex libelous
information, so that it shows up in Google.

But consider that as long as article space is indexed (which it should
be -- we shouldn't put anything in the main namespace that we wouldn't
be happy about showing up in Google) vandals will always be able to do
just that, by adding the info to an article.

Our strategy for the latter tactic is to block those vandals; there is
no need for stronger measures for vandals who tamper with no-index.

Eugene