[WikiEN-l] Allegations of Apartheid Allegations AFD

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 15:56:00 UTC 2008

2008/7/15 Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 5:18 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

>> There's a strong cultural bias against locking articles at all,
>> For particular perennially problematic subject areas, this would mean
>> semipermanent locking would only be applied by arbcom ruling, and even

> I believe ZOMG WTF WP:ARBCOMNOTFORCONTENTDISPUTES would be the
> expected response to that?

Usually. The rationale for ArbCom not doing content is that they
aren't and can't be experts in everything. However, if locking is the
only feasible way to mitigate terminal stupidity, they'll consider it,
e.g. anything involving LaRouche followers. Mind you, I'm surprised at
the permanent floating flamewars where locking hasn't been applied.

- d.