[WikiEN-l] Price we pay from the Deletionists: Y-Combinator looking to fund Wikipedia-like startup

Achille achille.listserv at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 22:49:31 UTC 2008

The Price we pay from the Deletionists:
Paul Graham's Y-Combinator is actively looking to fund Wikipedia-like
startup that does away with them.

See: http://ycombinator.com/ideas.html (Ideas we are looking to sponsor)

> 23. More open alternatives to Wikipedia. Deletionists rule Wikipedia. Ironically, they're constrained by print-era thinking. What harm does it do if an online reference has a long tail of articles that are only interesting to a few people, so long as everyone can still find whatever they're looking for? There is room to do to Wikipedia what Wikipedia did to Britannica.

On that note, why don't we enable access to deleted content ? It's
already there, we can just dump them nightly into a big file.