[WikiEN-l] Another rule literalism problem

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Tue Jul 15 17:53:39 UTC 2008

In a message dated 7/14/2008 1:53:47 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
cdhowie at gmail.com writes:

I  thought it became much more convincing about the time that the chart
was  introduced.  Your apparent reaction suggested that the  elementary
process of applying an unambiguous function is not sufficient,  which
boggles my mind.>>
---------------------------------------
If you review once more what I actually said, and to what I was actually
responding you might reap another reward.

In the remark to which you refer, I was not addressing the introduction of
the chart at all.  Rather I was pointing out that asking for a source (and
then receiving one) is not pedantic, abstruse, irresponsible or cloying.   It is
rather, the way in which we normally work.  I don't think that,  whether or
not there is an unambiguous way in which to transliterate Japanese,  is such
common knowledge, that it can pass, while in the heat of argument,  without a
source.

Perhaps I should have said something like "thank you for the chart, but I
don't thank you for the manner in which you deliver as well a back-handed slap
along with it".  That isn't appropriate.

Will Johnson