[WikiEN-l] Another rule literalism problem

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Jul 14 19:10:07 UTC 2008

In a message dated 7/14/2008 7:19:43 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
arromdee at rahul.net writes:

-- It's  ridiculous to say that a source must be given for anything
challenged,  rather than for anything sincerely  challenged. >>

How do you propose to fix the line between these two cases?

If you check our page on reliable sources I think it was (I worked on these
quite a while ago, can't quite remember where it was put), it already states
that we don't have to source things that are trivial, common knowledge,  etc.

The problem is how to determine whether knowing how to use a particular
look-up table is really trivial, or should at the *minimum* be linked.

Will Johnson