[WikiEN-l] Another rule literalism problem

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Jul 14 02:23:25 UTC 2008

In a message dated 7/13/2008 9:46:11 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
snowspinner at gmail.com writes:

I mean,  I do not see how we can justify making the position Ken is
holding  here one we demand sources for. It is demonstrably a less
difficult  and complex inference than ones we allow by default. I do
not doubt  your good faith in asserting otherwise, but unless there's
something  I'm missing, you are completely and utterly  wrong.>>

--------------------
Ok so he says that the katakana, hiragana, etc. transliteration is
unambiguous, and all I have to do to counter that is to say, "No, it's actually
ambiguous".

And one of those positions is more correct because ? what?  Because  someone
says so without actually demonstrating any citation whatsoever to the
specific or general statement.  Just their say-so.

That's really your position?  Because I have no idea from where a  position
like that comes.  It's certainly not the sort of position to which  I'm
accustomed.

Will Johnson