[WikiEN-l] XKCD in Popular Culture

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 18:18:44 UTC 2008

I strongly agree that articles on X in popular culture [etc]  are
better than extensive sections in the general article,  but it's usual
to collect material in broad topics until there's enough for more
specific articles. In such a general article, it would best be worded
as representative examples of various specific woods being used per
the spirit of summary style. And those who oppose such content oppose
it no matter where it goes.

> An article [[Wood in folklore and tradition]], as suggested, could
> refer to the ones mentioned above, in a section about "magical" or
> fictional objects made of wood.
>
> However, I do agree that it has no place in [[Wood]] as such. The
> topic is much too broad to warrant such minute details.
>
> Magnus

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.