[WikiEN-l] XKCD in Popular Culture

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 01:09:39 UTC 2008

yes, I am so suggesting. it would probably best located as part of a
section (or separate article) on Wood in folklore and tradition,
giving significant fictional uses of wood in this context. Of course,
it would also fit in an article on Holly, under a similar subheading.
Wikipedia is in general in need of considerable expansion in this
area. somtime a jok is the best way to suggest it to over-serious
people.

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 6:51 PM, Simetrical
<Simetrical+wikilist at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 6:37 PM, David Goodman <dgoodmanny at gmail.com> wrote:
>> of the first 4 examples, the first 3 are perfectly valid content--that
>> the object it is of wood is relevant to the meaning. The 4th is an
>> example otherwise-- unless the nature of the fence does for some
>> reason figure in the story.
>
> You aren't seriously suggesting that "The wand used by Harry Potter is
> made of wood from a holly tree" should actually be permitted to be in
> the [[Wood]] article, are you?  I'd sure remove that if I saw it.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.