[WikiEN-l] Another rule literalism problem

Todd Allen toddmallen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 16:43:02 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 1:07 PM,  <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 6/25/2008 2:28:41 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> arromdee at rahul.net writes:
>
> Other  than my say-so, do we have a source for the claim that someone born
> in  Detroit, Michigan was born in the United States?
>
> Hiragana is  unambiguous.  You can look up exactly what it is.  When you  look
> it up you get "Tessaiga", not "Tetsusaiga".  It doesn't take any
> interpretation
> to do so.  There are no serious claims that the  Japanese version doesn't
> say "Tessaiga".>>
>

> -----------------------------
> Then you should have no problem presenting a source which states  that.
>
> Will Johnson

> fuel-efficient used cars.      (http://autos.aol.com/used?ncid=aolaut00050000000007)

I don't think it requires any undue or novel synthesis to use very
simple logic. "A is wholly contained by B", therefore "Anything in A
is also in B". Detroit is wholly contained by the US, so anything or
anyone in Detroit is also in the US. Anyone making any -other- claim
would be the one making an extraordinary claim, and would require
extraordinary proof.

--
Freedom is the right to say that 2+2=4. From this all else follows.