[WikiEN-l] "How to promote your company in Wikipedia" - pretty clueful blog post

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 22:10:44 UTC 2008

2008/7/1 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
> http://www.e-cbd.com/zakazukhazoo/how-to-promote-your-company-in-wikipedia/
>
> This gets things mostly right.

I find it leaves out the truism that if people that own or work for
the company have to create the article themselves, it's very unlikely
to be truly notable. (Irrespective of whatever the policy says today).

There's a lot to be said for organic growth and shamefacedly poking
you or your company in the wikipedia is in no way organic.

--
-Ian Woollard

We live in an imperfectly imperfect world. If we lived in a perfectly
imperfect world things would be a lot better.