[WikiEN-l] Gated Communities - Notable or not?

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 19:30:27 UTC 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 4:52 PM, Todd Allen <toddmallen at gmail.com> wrote:
> As to determining reliability, this is a solved question.

I'd strongly disagree.  If it were a solved problem, we wouldn't still
be arguing about it.

There are certain sources that there's a lot of agreement that they're
reliable - the cream of scientific journals, for instance (although
even then, of course, reliable doesn't always mean RIGHT; there have
been things published in all of those journals that have been later
proven incorrect)/

There are certain sources that there's a lot of agreement they're not
reliable - e.g. tabloid journalism, although if the tabloid coverage
is in itself newsworthy, they're an accurate primary source for that
tabloid coverage.

I don't think we can write all of Wikipedia from scientific journals, however.

-Matt