[WikiEN-l] Attributing articles to their authors

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 19:07:17 UTC 2008

I think the whole idea of attribution of text in the body of the
article is misguided, and I doubt that it will ever be implemented in
Wikipedia or for that matter any Wikimedia project (with the possible
exception of Wikinews).

Attribution sufficient for copyright is in the edit history, and
anything further would be extraordinarily disruptive and contentious.
We've got enough of that at the moment to last us for years. Wikipedia
is a collaborative project, and articles are written by anyone at any
time - so the only true attribution for the current state of an
article at any particular time is to the "Wikipedia community" not
"Editor So And So, Who Wrote Two Paragraphs 5 Years Ago."