[WikiEN-l] Citizendium hits 5000 articles

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 22:14:49 UTC 2008

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're talking about the lack of
English speaking experts on topics about non-English speaking
countries?

No, I'm talking about credentialed/degreed people (and their pretenders) who
can't bear the idead of writing a thousand words on the Simpsons. The kind
of person that finds Citizendium attractive is the same that thinks that the
Galileo article must morally be longer than the Paris Hilton one. Wikipedia
doesn't make that kind of distinction. In other words, they're just like a
wiki version of Britannica, which the world doesn't want or need. No person
of my generation (I'm 20) would ever choose the online version of Britannica
over Wikipedia, even if it was free.