[WikiEN-l] Citizendium hits 5000 articles

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 23 21:37:56 UTC 2008

"David Gerard" wrote

>Also, they're tending to organise
> into subject-area working groups (like our wikiprojects) very early
> on, and new contributors are getting recruited a speciality at a time.

I have failed to find any CZ "collaboration of the week". I have found this forum comment: "If an article crosses into two or more workgroups, then we can require both editorial groups to give their OK (via their editors) before approving it."

Here there are roughly two poles of WikiProject in a topic area: those liking the idea of collaboration, and those rather liking prescriptive views of how to write. With any luck you can divert the prescribers into making templates, an activity that at least is going to put fewer authors off.

There is a certain fascination in this "reinvention of the wheel" over at CZ. But if the workgroups are really so deep into ownership, they have a whole "guild" culture coming along.

Charles