[WikiEN-l] Citizendium hits 5000 articles

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 19:24:30 UTC 2008

> In summary, I would say that not only is Citizendium not as good as
> Wikipedia but it is probably not as well developed as Wikipedia at a similar
> stage of its development. They have added 3,000 articles in their first
> year.

Well, we know Wikipedia is better now than Citizendium is now, I don't
think anyone disputes that. Wikipedia may have had more/better
articles at the same age (I would have to look up the stats), but
Citizendium is probably more reliable, since back then, we had hardly
any references so it was pot luck whether the information you got from
an article bore any resemblance to the truth (most did, sure, but
there was no way to know which ones).