[WikiEN-l] Something new under the sun

Chris Howie cdhowie at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 00:40:55 UTC 2008

On Jan 19, 2008 5:44 PM, Steven Walling <steven.walling at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that's excessive use of userspace. It has absolutely nothing to do
> with building an encyclopedia, and it's not an effective community-building
> tool like the Facebook. Little wonder we have articles on core topics that
> sit unimproved when people waste their time like that.

Volunteers will spend their time how they choose, not how we dictate.

(I'm not making a judgment either way about this user's behavior, but
I've seen the "they're wasting their time on X when they could be
doing Y" argument enough that it makes me want to vomit.)

--
Chris Howie
http://www.chrishowie.com