[WikiEN-l] Servers down?

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 14:25:00 UTC 2008

Are closed source bots prevalent? Isn't part of the BRFA process
evaluation of the underlying code? Any admin bot should probably be
relatively slow, and make up for the slowness with long periods of
uptime. Some of the paranoia is a bit farfetched - it shouldn't be
incredibly difficult to get well designed bots that don't screw up,
and notice when they do. It might be exceptional among bots, but it
should still be possible. Bot RfA's have been doomed from the outset
recently, because most of the !voters don't have the technical skills
to evaluate whether or not its well designed (myself included).