[WikiEN-l] Conspiracy Theories

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 23:06:21 UTC 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 5:45 PM, David Carson <carson63000 at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> At the moment, a 20 minute old article would almost have fallen off the
> bottom of the 100 Newest Pages list. Which means it's virtually impossible
> to conduct a new pages patrol AND give every article 20 minutes grace to see
> if it turns out to grow beyond a one-liner with no assertion of notability.

If new page patrolers would spend a little more attention on coverage,
making sure every pages is patrolled, rather than trying to be
quickest on the draw to rack up the tagging points. .. ;)  It would be
a little easier:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Newpages&hidepatrolled=1&limit=500&offset=0

> I try to make life easier for the new page patrollers by sticking to Preview
> rather than Save, until I'm happy the article is in a shape to go live. Or
> working on it in userspace and then moving it live, if I expect my work to
> be spread over a couple of sessions.

It's true though... the other users are not psychic, they can't guess
how good it will be. Preview is your friend.   Perhaps we should
rewrite the edit button on new page creation to say "submit for
review" ?