[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Wikiquality-l] Current Status

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 17:53:20 UTC 2008

On 14/01/2008, Tony Sidaway <tonysidaway at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry to be so pessimistic, but since we've  taken more than two years
> as a community to accept a trivial revision of the software that
> permits non-administrators to revert vandalism in a single step, and
> we're still wobbly about that, what possibility does this large-scale
> and revolutionary change have of ever being accepted on English
> Wikipedia?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_rollback&dir=prev&limit=20&action=history

Oh, that's easy. We'll hold a poll on IRC #wikipedia-en-cabal from
23:59 until 00:01 during the World Cup. That should be sufficient to
demonstrate binding WP:CONSENSUS.

(I used to joke that "consensus" meant a 7:3 straw poll on an obscure
talk page somewhere. [[Talk:Stephen Fry]] shows it as three votes to
one.)

- d.