[WikiEN-l] lolwiki

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Sun Jan 13 15:25:17 UTC 2008

Adrian wrote:
> Eugene van der Pijll schrieb:
>> "This isn't a humor page, and [that image] makes us look foolish."
>
> But we do have several funny images even in policy pages.
> Why the fuzz over the stupid cat image?

Because, as David suggested earlier, based on "the deep inconse-
quentiality of the change... the page in question will be a reliable
detector of people who will fight to the death over trivia and so
should not be let near anything actually important for any reason."
At first I thought that a little harsh, but after reading through
the bitter but stupefyingly pointless argumentation that's now at
[[Wikipedia talk:Requests for rollback/Vote/Archive 1#Vandalism?]],
I'm starting to see the wisdom...