[WikiEN-l] Search Wikia

michael west michawest at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 19:08:51 UTC 2008

Search Wikia was a nonsense see this
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080111.wweb11/BNStory/Technology/home

I was bit confused when I wrote the first post. Obviously Wikia is seperate
from Wikipedia, but I am sure it is one of its biggest benefactors too.

I saw a press release the day I saw "the grand opening" and checked the page
for news and was shocked that I was already registered and able to edit. I
tend to delete cookies after a day or two and hadn't visited Wikia in weeks.
I was bit hungover and presumed the interwiki had begun! my bad.

wikia can get you a top ten listing on google and I am not suggesting
anybody try it as joke. like wikipedia there are vigilent b and sys there.

search wikia is going to work on ratings? so no or not a lot of home spun
raters going to be out there. is it just going to be a review site or an
idea Jimbo sprung up for a bit of media?

I'm still very confused. The last time i went there on Special:Wantedpages
AltaVista was there with 5 entries.

mike