[WikiEN-l] Rollback, and now here comes instruction creep

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 19:20:42 UTC 2008

Another question I have is - why were the people for this so determined?

I don't get why:

1) it has to be rushed through a quick as can be poll
2) it has to be implemented without consensus
3) granting of rights is proceeding at lightning speed and anyone
saying "Hold on, slow down" is pushed away
4) the page was unprotected after it was protected so the issues could
be resolved.

Then to top it off in my mind, the main proponents of this proposal
have been pretty unfriendly and unresponsive to criticism of the
process. Instead of discussing the problems and trying to address
them, they largely ignored criticism until the poll was complete and
then reacted derisively to criticism afterwards. If it shouldn't have
been implemented to begin with, arguments that "Well its too late now,
just leave it and see if it works" don't hold up.  Now suddenly there
has to be proof that it is an ongoing problem in order for criticism
to be seen as valid?

I'm not against the tool being spread out. I just think the way it was
done is ridiculous.