[WikiEN-l] Blocking of School IPs

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 06:49:41 UTC 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 3:43 PM, Rjd0060 - <rjd0060.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> That isn't a good idea at all (sorry) and it goes against guidelines set
> in
> the Blocking Policy, as well as the basic principles of Wikipedia.  As
> Gary
> Kirk said, there are some constructive edits in there, but I'll admit it
> is
> sometimes difficult to find them.

I have to agree. We actually have projects intended to *promote* school
editing, under some degree of supervision:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:School_and_university_projects

Better, I would think, to have a template email to send to the school itself
to tell them of the improper use and to suggest they participate in a
supervised project; who knows, we might get some great editors out of it -
students and teachers both.

Risker