[WikiEN-l] Fundraiser quote of the day

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 17:37:16 UTC 2008

On 1/7/08, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Who would pay? Especially with the likelihood that whatever is written
> won't live for very long in the same form, but will be modified (and
> in the mind of a grantor, can be modified by any non-expert).

You all are missing the point, which is that I briefly considered the
possibility that people editing Wikipedia on behalf of some
governmental or corporate entity either as a direct employee or as a
subcontracted spin-doctor, might actually be very good at it, and earn
enough money to pursue a path toward a more noble profession, if
medicine can even be considered such. That's all, thanks, I'll shut up
now.

—C.W.