[WikiEN-l] Fundraiser quote of the day

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 15:21:15 UTC 2008

On 1/7/08, Tony Sidaway <tonysidaway at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/01/2008, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> > "because it's getting me through med school" — Anon.
> >
> > Am I the only one to find that just a little discomfiting?
>
> When I first saw that, it conjured up for me a picture of a group of
> surgeons clustered around a wiki page panicking while on a table
> nearby a surgical nurse struggles with swabs to control a bleeding
> patient.  On closer inspection, the wiki page says "YOU SUCK! LOL!"

Hate to be the cynic yet again, but my first impression was different
though equally discomforting.

Could paid editing could actually be lucrative enough to cover
tuition, textbooks, lab fees, room and board, food, even the average
student's vodka intake? Unlikely, but I'd hesitate to say impossible.

—C.W.