[WikiEN-l] Footnoting the real world

Ned Scott ned at nedscott.com
Sat Jan 5 06:31:34 UTC 2008

That specific XKCD comic is under CC-SA and is uploaded on Commons at: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Webcomic_xkcd_-_Wikipedian_protester.png
"All the xkcd webcomics are under the CC-NC-BY-2.5 license — which is
not considered to be a free license on Wikimedia Commons. However, the
author, Randall Munroe (en:User:Xkcd), released this specific image
under CC-BY-2.5 so that it can be used on Wikipedia. "
If that's what anyone is talking about..
-- Ned Scott