[WikiEN-l] Inconsistent image argument.

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 23:33:45 UTC 2008

I think that the deletion debate established that, contrary to the
Band's assertions you're relying on, the actual glyphs are ancient and
not subject to current copyright.

That they may have reinvented them and chosen to use them to identify
themselves doesn't mean that they are in fact original and subject to
copyright.

You can't copyright old public-domain stuff, even if you came up with
it again.  Re-writing or re-drawing it, in knowledge of what came
before or ignorance, doesn't render it original in the legal sense.