[WikiEN-l] Year articles

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 20:49:53 UTC 2008

I really like what you've achieved and this should be replicated at
other year articles. In many ways, prose fills out the picture a lot
better for me than a list does. The list timeline has other
advantages: a lot of easily-accessible information and as a navigation
aid.

I think many year articles are linked to for the benefits the timeline
provides, particularly as navigation aid. At the same time, we have a
strong preference to prose articles, relegating lists to disambiguated
and clarified names ("List of X", "X timeline", &c.). How would we
balance that [[1345]], and year articles more generally, are mainly
linked to for the purposes of navigation and instant broad
information, while giving our normal preference to prose?

Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)