[WikiEN-l] Notability etymology and history (was Re: WP:EPISODE)

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 02:49:40 UTC 2008

On 02/01/2008, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> On Jan 1, 2008 8:49 PM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 02/01/2008, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> > > A sudden influx of 500 million stubs would also *require* far more
> > > volunteer effort than we have available.  No one has suggested
> > > allowing bots to create such stubs, after all.
> > >

> > With semi automated tools it could be done in about 5 years probably less.
> >
> I'm sure a policy on semi-automated article generation could be
> devised within those 5 years.  How many people do you think could
> create this many articles in 5 years, anyway?  I certainly don't see
> it happening with only one person, if that's what you were getting at.

Depends how semi automated the tool actually is. I understand that
there are social networking sites with very large numbers of pages.

> And where can I download this database of 500 million entries?  It's
> kind of interesting that it's out there in the first place.

I think it's called myspace.

I'm not aware of any online database of 500 million dead people. That
was an estimate based on the th4e likely size of various countries
military records and the various censuses that are becoming available.

> > > Incidentally, running 500 million stubs through AFD would also require
> > > far more volunteer effort than is available.
> >
> > So? there are two other far more effective deletion methods available.
> >
> To delete an article on a dead person based on a reliable source?  Is
> there a CSD criterion for that?

A7 but bot assisted mass prodding and deletion would probably get a
higher through put.

--
geni