[WikiEN-l] Admin, RFA, RFB and whatnot...

Alex Sawczynec glasscobra15 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 13:39:41 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 8:28 AM, Screamer <scream at datascreamer.com> wrote:

> I post this to the working list, because I want to opine, and I want to
> draw some attention to what I believe is a bad trend.  I've read some
> RFA's and the recent RFB.  I asked Riana if I could use her RFB as an
> example.  I'm not asking anyone to go support or oppose it, you all can
> do that on your on.
>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_bureaucratship/Riana
>

> When I look at some of the opposes and Neutrals, primarily the ones by
> Animate and FM, I get a little confused. (regarding the KM nomination)
> Since when did RFA and RFB become political and not about trust and
> abuse potential?  It seems these discussions have evolved away from
> that.  After reading Jimbo's opinion on the matter, and this was made,
> what a few years back, perhaps he should go semi nilly willy.
>

> I mean what do you have to do anyway, judge RFA, renames, bots on advice
> of BAG.  How does kelly martins rfa nomination translate here.  It does
> not.
>

> Any project can use good custodians, but damn, the bar is high.
>

> ./scream

I completely agree with you. I'm disappointed in how several of these RfBs
have turned out, but most especially Riana's and Neil's (pre-civility
incident). Riana nominating Kelly Martin has absolutely nothing to do with
how she would perform as a bureaucrat. It's not as if she would go
completely rouge and promote a candidate with KM's percentage level. There's
a similar issue with Neil's; people are opposing him because of his stance
on re-confirmation RfAs; but do we not trust him to either vote oppose and
recuse himself from closing, or close according to consensus regardless of
his personal feelings?

- GC