[WikiEN-l] Fake it 'till you make it? Internal links that look like academic citations

Chris Howie cdhowie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 01:23:49 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 5:55 PM, Brian <Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu> wrote:
> If this is the policy I would be happy to come up with a database query that
>  deletes all such references.

No.. See [[WP:WAWI]], specifically the part that states "If, in this
framework, you link from an article to a specific Wikipedia page, *use
external link style so the link will make sense in any context*."  I
recently had to edit [[Essjay controversy]] because someone used an
internal link in the External Links to link to his talk page.

Which someone just undid.  Grr.

This time I'm adding an in-your-face comment so it doesn't get "fixed" again.

--
Chris Howie
http://www.chrishowie.com