[WikiEN-l] BetacommandBot, (currently) centralized discussion

John Lee johnleemk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 16:26:15 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 3:18 AM, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:

> WJhonson at aol.com wrote:
> > No the problem of using a bot to remove all fair-use images system-wide,
> > without any attempt to find any free images or even show evidence that
> any free
> > images exist.
> >
> > That's the problem. It's harming the project. Please address it
>  directly.
> > Thanks.
> >
> The problem seems to be about bots that make decisions that should be
> made by humans.

I wouldn't blame the bots - I'd blame the humans. If an admin is too silly
to see that an image is only considered non-compliant because of some
technicality, if an admin is too trigger-happy with the delete button and
takes the bot's word at face value, the problem lies on the part of the
admins. Bots don't delete images, admins delete images. (I wonder if we'll
now see gun control arguments applied since I've brought out the "guns don't
kill people, people kill people" line.)

Johnleemk