[WikiEN-l] BetacommandBot, (currently) centralized discussion

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 03:28:32 UTC 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 4:07 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Yes, it would be nice if the bot messages included this week's
>  rationale. This would help its public relations a *lot*.

I strongly agree.  I suspect that the message is light on instructions
because it doesn't want to tell people what to do to keep the image -
it's a 'show you care enough to keep it by researching what you need
to do' kind of thing ...

>  However, as I noted before, the actual damage is negligible - most of
>  the images are found on the Internet, and any that aren't can be
>  undeleted. You're bringing this up - have you found images that needed
>  recovery?

AFAIR once or twice, but I'm worried about its effect on articles that
aren't as well watched.

-Matt