[WikiEN-l] Can we think about trying the "show" solution?

The Mangoe the.mangoe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 23:27:08 UTC 2008

We have edit wars in the genitalia articles all the time, and they
start when someone puts in a sufficiently graphic image. Often these
are found to have originated from porn sites. As a rule the articles
get brought back to using less provocative images, and things quiet
down. The theory that the illustrations have to include women
suggestively fingering their vulvae may be supported by "not
censored", but except for the gallery of pornography which is "female
masturbation", the notion that less sexualized images are more
encyclopedic generally prevails.