[WikiEN-l] Official proposes boycotting Wikipedia for sacrilegious act

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Feb 18 00:26:55 UTC 2008

IIRC , the exact logic used in the Baha U'llah case was, "we have pictures
for all humans, we don't make special cases".  The mere fact that Baha'is  are
a minority religion compared to Muslims, shouldn't change the logical
position.  The fact that a minority of Muslims want to make a case out of  it, should
make them come to the table with suggestions as well.  The  hand-wringing
doesn't bring us any closer to a solution which should be  technical, not
political, imho.

Tag the images "Human representations" and then anyone can write a parser
which will not display any image tagged "human representations" and you're done.
 That would be a consistent approach.  If they are serious in their protest,
they should see the inherent logic and consistency in such a position.

Will Johnson

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)