[WikiEN-l] "I want to at least kill the responsible person."

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Feb 18 00:09:03 UTC 2008

In a message dated 2/17/2008 4:00:45 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
raphael at psi.co.at writes:

Are you  saying, that those who reject images of all human-beings are
reasonable  and those who just oppose images of Muhammad are  extremists?>>>
------------------------------
Those Muslims who reject images of all human beings, based on their
interpretation of Sharia law are consistent.  That doesn't mean that their
interpretation, imho, is a mainstream one within the Muslim world.   Are Muslim
newspapers entirely without human photographs?  When they  advertise burkhas do they
show drawings of women wearing them?  Are there  pictures of the President of
Iran in the Iranian newspapers?

Those Muslims who try to use this Sharia law as the basis for why they are
protesting the inclusion of historical representations of Muhammed, are being
inconsistent in a subtle way.  They are protesting in a general way that  the
image is offensive, but trying to back that up by citing a law which doesn't
apply, and doing so in a way that would appear to most Muslims to be  invalid.

The basis of this, is the exact same as the basis for the Baha Ullah
article.  This one only has gotten more airplay.  The logical and  religious basis,
is identical.  We, being consistent, should address the  two issues with the
same result.

Will Johnson

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)