[WikiEN-l] Official proposes boycotting Wikipedia for sacrilegious act

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 23:25:38 UTC 2008

On 17/02/2008, WJhonson at aol.com <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:
> So far no one has addressed my most cogent point.
> The law in Islam is against *all* images of humans.
> Not just Muhammed.

If we start down that road, we'll be here all night... I don't know
any religion that follows what their religious texts say precisely -
they often contradict themselves, so it's impossible. Either we
dismiss religious law entirely, or we define it to be what people
actually observe, defining it to be what the religious texts say will
get us nowhere.