[WikiEN-l] Defeat: Notability is Policy

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Feb 8 19:10:05 UTC 2008

Thomas Dalton wrote:
>> Rolling  stubs together into one list makes no sense.  .....  And what is the
>>  benefit?
>>
> Less articles to worry about. That's why we delete things than a
> non-notable in the first place, as far as I can tell - they're not
> worth having an extra article to monitor for vandalism, etc.
The problem here is that some people stress out more over vandalism than
content.  There's a curious logic behind the notion that vandalism can
be reduced by cutting down the number of articles.  It's a bit like an
invader who reduces the population of the conquered territory now in
order to have a lower death rate in the future.

Ec