[WikiEN-l] "I want to at least kill the responsible person."

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 17:49:44 UTC 2008

On 06/02/2008, Wily D <wilydoppelganger at gmail.com> wrote:

> > ... it seems to me
> > that both the people suggesting compromises in this thread and the people
> > refuting them have very little understanding of what is actually necessary
> > to answer the objections of the moderate petitioners.
>
> Tim, feel free to read Talk:Muhammad & Talk:Muhammad/images to get an
> idea of what various protestors are asking for, but the more common
> points are: complete removal of any images that represent Muhammad,
> the article be written from an Islamic POV, non-Muslims be prohibited
> for editing, et cetera.

To put this in context, we routinely have demands on the talk pages
(and by email) for American college fraternities for complete removal
of any representation of their symbols, that the article be written
from a sympathetic POV, that non-members be prohibited from editing,
et cetera...

Of course, a lot of them are making *reasonable* requests rasther than
demands for total editorial control. Tim did say "the moderate
petitioners", not "the ones we can reject out of hand."

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk