[WikiEN-l] "I want to at least kill the responsible person."

Chris Howie cdhowie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 03:02:59 UTC 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 4:53 AM, Ben Yates <ben.louis.yates at gmail.com> wrote:
> We should provide an alternate "Mohammad" page without any images on
> it.  Telling people to edit their javascript is silly; most people
> aren't nearly tech savvy enough to understand what that even means
> (for example, they have to first understand that a web page can be
> displayed differently for different users).

While we're at it, let's do that for

* Spoilers
* Images containing nudity
* Images containing intense violence
* ...

In fact, I would argue that the above list contains things *more*
important than censoring Mohammad images.  Nudity, for example, is
likely to offend a far larger number of people than images containing
Mohammad.  Why should we bend over backwards to appease one religious
group when we have the potential to appease far more editors across
all races and religions?

[[WP:NOTCENSORED]], that's why.

--
Chris Howie