[WikiEN-l] Defeat: Notability is Policy

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 07:25:48 UTC 2008

On 02/02/2008, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Ian Woollard wrote:
> > Provided you stick to things that are very likely to reach consensus
> > that what you wrote is 100% backed up by the text, it's certainly
> > verifiable and probably notable (since Hamlet is notable).
>
> But it fails the "third party source" requirement.

Are you getting your Hamlet source directly from Shakespeare? :-)

I think you could argue fairly well that the script of Hamlet already
comes from a third party.

I'm not entirely sure whether that's quite the intention of the policy
though ;-)

--
-Ian Woollard

We live in an imperfectly imperfect world. If we lived in a perfectly
imperfect world things would be a lot better.