[WikiEN-l] Defeat: Notability is Policy

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 23:39:13 UTC 2008

Get over it. Nobility has been being used as (effective) policy for many
months, if not years. Of course deleting any article is going to get
emotional, people are invested in article's they write. But that level of
emotion doesn't negate the fact that we just simply can't include every
possible topic under the sun and still produce an accurate and reliable
encyclopedia. Space is not the issue, quality is. The breadth has to stop
somewhere, so we can get to depth.

And the WP:V addition is a fabulous idea. I've always operated that way, and
it is (to me) the core reason we need notability: we can't be accurate on a
subject if there aren't reliable sources available. If accuracy is literally
impossible, then we shouldn't have an article on it.