[WikiEN-l] Suggestion on how referencing system could be improved

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 20:54:44 UTC 2008

2008/12/4 Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com>:
> This type of edit box mediation has been done by other edit-helper
> userscripts, so it's certainly possible.
>
> Thoughts?

While there are some theoretical risks (people making text changes
without taking all the markup into account) I don't believe they would
present a major problem. Colour choice may be an issue with the
current red/green colorblindness prevalence. I'm also not sure how a
screen reader would view it but that can be dealt with.

Your other problem is the potential amount of javascript required and
the effect that will have on older computers.

--
geni