[WikiEN-l] Barbara Bauer case dismissed

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Aug 13 22:58:32 UTC 2008

In a message dated 8/13/2008 3:49:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
newyorkbrad at gmail.com writes:

Although  we have not adopted a "BLP opt-out policy," I do not understand why
a user  would consider it a significant priority to re-create an article
containing  predominently negative coverage about an, at  best,
highly-borderline-notable individual who has expressed extreme  resentment
regarding the existence of such  article.>>

I didn't say it was a "significant priority" of mine.
However two points, whether or not its "predominently negative", and  whether
or not she has "expressed extreme resentment" should have no impact on  our
mission, in my opinion.

If someone is notable, then we should have an article.  And where the  chips
fall is that person's own fault, not ours.  As long as we present the  sources
evenly and balanced, if those sources universally denigate the person,  than
evidently that's what those sources do.  It's our job to represent  them, not
to censor them.

Will

Read reviews on AOL Autos.