[WikiEN-l] an interesting article

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sun Aug 3 17:33:09 UTC 2008

I didn't like the Wikinews model for covering big stories last time I looked
at it.  Specifically, there is a strong tendency to write lots of little
stories on updates and ignore the big picture.  Also, when new information
comes out which supercedes the old information, the old story doesn't get
updated to reflect this new information.

I don't much care which domain name is used to get to the story, but I think
the Wikipedia model of news story development is a refreshing change to the
status quo.  In other words, if Wikinews wants to allow story development to
last for weeks or months for certain big stories, then I'd support
redirecting the Wikipedia article there.  But until it does so, Wikipedia
offers something that is unavailable at Wikinews, and in fact is unavailable
anywhere else on the Internet.