[WikiEN-l] An example of a bad biography

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Tue Apr 29 17:49:01 UTC 2008

In a message dated 4/29/2008 10:42:02 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
jwales at wikia.com writes:

This  sort of harm is a direct result of Wikipedia policies and
procedures, and  is most likely *significantly* avoidable without
significantly  compromising on neutrality, quality, openness, and our
other  values.>>

This seems like an overemphasis that somehow we (the policy-abiding  editors)
are the cause instead of the vandals being the cause.  The  primary cause of
the vandalism rests with the vandals.  Our policies  address this case
spot-on, but nobody fixed the article.  Why didn't  they?  Maybe we need more
editors. Maybe we need an automatic "bad-word  robot" to collect examples and create
a "bad word page".  That would make  it a lot easier to monitor.  But this
case is not a result of our policies,  our policies say "don't do this".

Will Johnson

listings at AOL Autos.