[WikiEN-l] The Israeli cabal tries a hostile takeover

Ben Yates ben.louis.yates at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 13:39:17 UTC 2008

It's usually apparent when an article is slanted, so I doubt CAMERA
will end up changing many minds.

But.  All this super-organized pov-pushing, sockpuppeting, etc. (has
anything of this scale and precision been planned before?) could
undermine confidence in wikipedia as an institution, which could be
damaging to the encyclopedia's health.

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 8:35 AM, Ron Ritzman <ritzman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 6:21 AM, Christiano Moreschi
>
> <moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>  >

> >  I don't think you'd quite say that if you read what this lot were planning.
>  >
>  >  http://electronicintifada.net/downloads/pdf/080421-camera-wikipedia2.pdf
>
>  While it's likely that this is an accurate archive, it doesn't help
>  that it's hosted by an "anti Israel" site.

Ben Yates
Wikipedia blog - http://wikip.blogspot.com