[WikiEN-l] English Wikipedia Policy as sovereign law

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 15:48:41 UTC 2008

On 22/04/2008, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Person B's response gives me hope that this believe system is not yet
> the majority view.  ... So I'm left wondering, how the heck did this
> start happening, and how can it be avoided?    Is it the result of how
> the policies are presented? Or are there just a few bad applies that
> need to be disinvited from the community.
> Thoughts?

The problem is pathologically literalist geeks so socially crippled
they don't realise they are with a chronic inability not to hair-split
down to the Planck length.

They do have a point, and that's why WP:BLP only works because it's
the basic content rules (NPOV, NOR, V) applied in a really really
hard-arsed manner.

But I think they need to be reminded to be human. Not that I know how.

- d.